Thursday, January 29, 2009

Straight and Narrow

Cheaper Than Therapy
Many times in my youth the path led me away from the 'straight and narrow.' It took me places I shouldn't have gone. Just when it seemed there was no hope, a stretch of road such as this would come along and get me back on track. Sometimes it was a friend who led me back and walked with me. Other times it was a faithful pet walking into what looked like paradise that showed me the way. Luckily I always found my way back.
The past few years it has been the thoughts of family that has helped straighten my steps. Especially those who look to you for guidance. I am sure the road ahead won't remain this straight, but all those curves and detours of the past has shown me where not to go. Sometimes that is just as important as knowing where to go. When I look back, it wasn't the getting there that was important. It was the going.

3 comments:

  1. you are so right. it's those detours we take that make us the person we are. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful picture...even more beautiful post. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete